Monday, January 20, 2014

To The Person Who Posted A Comment About "Drunk Ronnie Ward And His Bro" Alleging Circumstances Of The Death Of Terrell Mayes, More Information Is Needed, Reward Stands At $60,000...

"Blood in the snow" image from previous story here used
as stock photo, blog post by John Hoff

On August 8, 2012, somebody commenting on this blog left the following information:

Anonymous said...
re terrel mayes 22 cal n mpls accidentl murder.drunk ronnie ward and bro? talking wanna kill tom weist n b amy fo? later saying we were...

... just looking for tracy crawford n L jones and argue who fired the 22 gun when one of them hit the house ,your shot did no your shot his shot must of i pointed a diff way ect.ronnie ward fired the shot or was present at the shooting scene .n give 1/2 reward money to pastor paul please rip n peace terrel mayes

At that time my recent comments function, which works for a while then goes out for months at a time, was WORKING. The comment was left on a random blog posting where there happened to be a hot discussion going at the time. Also, the same comment was posted multiple times, as though the commenter was trying to see his or her comment appear and was frustrated when it didn't pop up or was having some other technical issue.

Based on my experience vetting tens of thousands of comments, I would say my commenter was familiar with social media but not a technical whiz.

Something about the comment...some ineffable quality...made me believe in my heart the commenter was sincere. In fact, I forwarded this information to police and I ended up talking in specific detail to a high-ranking police officer about the comment. I remember well that I was in Indian Head, Maryland on a road trip with my son and I ended up talking to this police officer on a phone while I was doing laundry. Funny, the stuff you remember.

In good faith I forwarded the information to police and talked to police. I also begged on my blog for more information from the commenter. But no more info came my way. I can't even narrow down which "Ronnie Ward" the anonymous comment references, since there is more than one.

I am now going to take things to the next level and post something permanent on the sidebar of my blog hoping for more information to come my way about the tragic shooting of Terrell Mayes.

The reward for information leading to conviction is $60,000. If anybody else besides the original commenter has information about "drunk Ronnie Ward and his bro" which connects somebody to the Mayes shooting, FIRST contact the police and THEN contact this blog.

If, however, you are unwilling to contact the police I will gladly forward any information that comes my way.

8 comments:

Johnny Northside! said...

Already posting this old info has proven very productive. A resident of North Minneapolis pointed out "Tom Weist" is the name of an Assistant Hennepin County Attorney and I've confirmed that info.

Johnny Northside! said...

Well, this is very interesting..

Some guy named Ronnie Ward arrested in a shooting in Chicago.

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2012/01/26/south-side-man-charged-with-fatally-shooting-girlfriend/

Johnny Northside! said...

Holy crap.

Turns out Tom Weist prosecuted a guy named Ronnie Ward for murder and then put the guy in prison after first getting a mistrial. (This is also based on MNCIS information and not just this link to the appeal)

http://law.justia.com/cases/minnesota/court-of-appeals/2003/op022238-1021.html

Anonymous said...

I'm assuming Pastor Paul is referring to Pastor Paul's Mission, which used to be off 10th and Oliver.

Anonymous said...

Well there you go....
The Capt.

Anonymous said...

Ronnie WOOD plays with the Stones. He probably didn't have anything to do with this, however.

Johnny Northside! said...

Take your meds.

Johnny Northside! said...

A regular reader of my blog forwarded a link to the individual who is apparently the "Pastor Paul" mentioned in the comment.

http://www.pastorpaul.org/