Monday, June 21, 2010

Hopeful Progress At 722 23rd Ave. N.

Photo and blog post by John Hoff

As I previously wrote, I am keeping a wary eye on 722 23rd Ave. N., a house that long sat vacant and now suddenly has all kinds of renovation activity taking place. Since the house is near my own home, I pay close attention to what's going on there, especially given what awful shape the place was in before.

Recently, the rotten railroad ties which were holding back the embankment were all ripped away and replaced with blocks...very new and nice ornamental blocks, too. I couldn't help but wonder if...

...the surprisingly high-quality blocks were a hopeful sign that this house might turn into something positive, instead of yet another slummy rental filled with slummy people. I'm still wary, but I'm getting a little bit more hopeful. How I hope this house is in the hands of some flipper, rather than a slumlord along the lines of Bashir Moghul.

Oh, that reminds me. Bashir Moghul news. I better write another blog post.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Did you check to see if they have a permit for that wall? I would hate to see unpermitted work being done regardless of how it looks.