Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Rumors Of "Bad Blood" Between Slumlord Howie Gangestad And Slumlord Steve Meldahl...

Random photo by John Hoff, preparing sheep testicles, blog post by John Hoff

I keep getting persistent, credible information that slumlord Howie Gangestad--who flew under the radar of this slumlord-exposing-blog for quite a while, until some months ago--is in a feud with Steve Meldahl, a slumlord who has been chewed up pretty well by the Irving Inquisition blog, click here for an example.

According to what I'm hearing...


...Meldahl believes he was "ripped off" in a deal with Gangestad. There is another property-owning individual who I will NOT characterize as a slumlord (I don't have info one way or another on that aspect) who is also mad at Gangestad, for separate reasons having to do with business deals. This second individual has the last name "Anderson."

Both Meldahl and Anderson are trying to get Gangestad in some kind of legal hot water. Furthermore, "Joy the Cat Lady" is something of a witness because of her soured business deals with Gangestad. I have no indication whether their efforts have successfully coalesced into any kind of court case. I'm writing this blog post to see if anybody knows more and can comment.

Here's my editorial comment: if only the forces of revitalization in North Minneapolis could get the slumlords to fight each other instead of us, ourselves, always having to fight the slumlords.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

From what I hear, Anderson is a retired Mpls cop who buys, rehabs, and then re sells Mpls properties. He was friends with Joy, the cat lady's husband, Buzz, who passed away last year. I guess Howie did some partnership deals with Anderson up North and tried to screw him over, but Anderson had a good attorney, and Howie was put in his place. Howie did screw over the cat lady after her husband died and the Crystal cops were almost ready to charge him, but have not as of yet. The reason I know all of this is because I was the real estate broker who sold Anderson quite a few houses in North Mpls. I am sure Meldahl came out ok against Howie as he is a pretty sharp fellow.

EAT THE RICH!!! said...

oh, shoot, just someone preparing sheep testicles for a meal. Here I got all optimistic...I THOUGHT IT WAS A PHOTO FROM MOOSE LAKE.

Jim Leahy said...

That cat lady is almost as bad as the slumlords as far as causing neighborhood blight.

We need way better animal control policies in NoMi. We could learn from how the Floridians handle the nutria.

Anonymous said...

Remember,have all your gangbangers spayed or neutered. So long everybody!