Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Turd Burglar Update, Part One, Victim Impact Statement...

Photo, blog post by John Hoff

It's time for a little update on the suspects in the Thanksgiving Day "turd burlgary" on the 1600 block of Hillside Ave. N.

Some weeks ago, I obtained a copy of the victim impact statement but I held off publishing it for a little while. Even though I'm obviously very hard on these turd burglars, I thought to myself, well, they are JUVENILES after all. Let the system deal with them.

Then I found out some of them haven't made hearings. I will discuss this more in Part Two.

But because some of them missed hearings, it's time to write more. Here is the victim impact statement over this incident, word-for-word...

To Whom It May Concern:

On arriving home after a pleasant Thanksgiving with family in (name of city, withheld by JNS blog) I found two of my good neighbors waiting for me, not wanting me to go in by myself and witness the mess. They told me of the home invasion by a group of kids who broke the window out of my back door to get in. My first question was to assure myself that my two cats were there and unharmed. One of the neighbors had witnessed the break in and called the police while watching the back entry. Another of my good neighbors came over and watched the front entry until the police arrived.

The police arrived within minutes not giving the gang of kids enough time to do more than an initial scoping of my house. Those kids still had enough time to dump my dresser drawers, tear the bed apart and check out the basement and attic. They rummaged through storage the bins in the bedroom that contain some of my clothes. They had picked up my jewelry box, but only dumped it upside down in the dining room spilling and tangling everything into a mess. My spare set of keys were missing.

They found my waist pack and had my credit cards and check book spread out on the desk. Fortunately none of the above was missing. They did take the only cash I had, a $5.00 dollar bill from my wallet. They managed to run out of the house with very few insignificant items. My binoculars were moved and tossed behind one of my craft storage bins. Several of these bins had been opened and searched. I guess they had no interest in needlework patterns, fabric, and picture frames. 

Even though my neighbors told me that the police had captured all but one of the kids it gave me shivers to think I might have been home when all of this happened. They were just young kids, but who knows how violent they might have become. I am shaken by this break in and hate the idea that strange kids could violate my home and paw through my personal papers and possessions. I am now concerned for my safety. I couldn't sleep at all and sat in a chair all night long continuing to get up and check out the back windows knowing that some strange kid might have my keys. I still am not sleeping very well and rouse at the slightest unusual noise.

I feel that these juveniles need to face the consequences for their misdeeds. I don't know if any of them have any prior offenses on their record, but if they do make the punishment for the second offense a little more severe. I hope that some of them are young enough to be able to  have some of their negative energy redirected. I am content to let the powers that be assign whatever punishment they see fit for these kids.

(End of statement) 


9 comments:

Johnny Northside! said...

The following comment is being partially published with some racist material withheld.
-----------
The victim is too nice. Too many references to "kids" and "juveniles." These kids (violent criminals who happen to be under 18) need the book thrown at them so hard it knocks the (racist description). Their parents also need to be held accountable. If this ever happens to my house, my "impact statement" will read a little different. on

Anonymous said...

Sometimes civility goes a long way, even if you are the victim of a heineous act, as is the case with the homeowner here. Why? Well, maybe, just maybe, a plainly-written letter that honestly and earnestly describes the impact of their crimes may cause these youth to reflect on how tramatic this event was. My guess is any message that is laden with violence and bleeped-out 'racist description' (Anon 12:20) will fall on deaf ears. That kind of language will only justify their actions in their minds--this kind of behavior is born from living in violent, dysfunctional families, living with racism (real and perceived) so that response will do nothing to solve the problem. Punish them, make them responsible for their actions, by all means, but take appropriate action.

Anonymous said...

I support the Castle Doctrine.

Horst said...

I am the anon commenter at 12:20, the "racist description" was in regards to their hairstyles, which tend to be worn mostly by African Americans, but exclusively at all. I probably should have known better than to waste my words as I already know that John Hoff will twist anything and everything he possibibly can into "racism." Get real John.

Anonymous said...

John likes to say he is not publishing racist comments so he can ACT like he cares. In reality, he only publishes disparagement of white people, albiet, with a warped liberal twist.
Stand by your words and the next time someone aims their racism at whites, you can employ your double standard without blushing.








Joe said...

I believe that these children will just not show up for court appointments and walk away with no consequences. The cracks in the justice system are huge and these children will slip right through. The only one I predict will face any consequences is the youngster in foster care. They will see he gets to his court dates and they will follow through on his consequences such as community service hours. The rest, no. They will not and nothing will happen. Maybe one will learn something about civic duty and the treatment of others...

Anonymous said...

I am a white guy who has suffered from the racist treatment i have received from black people.
i am damaged goods because of the names i have been called. It works both ways and the majority are black people utilizing the technique of projectionism.Black people whine the loudest while committing the most egregious examples of racism that exist and they do it with a straight face until the door closes; then they laugh their asses off.

Johnny Northside! said...

Oh, are you? Well, you could claim to be purple and writing from Lithuania and I wouldn't have any proof to the contrary, would I?

Anonymous said...

Anon 10:03 (I mean Spanky Pete) people laugh at you behind close doors because you are a smelly chomo, not because you are a dingy shade of white.