Thursday, August 15, 2013

Police Allege North Minneapolis Resident Levi Braziel Was A South Minneapolis Drug Dealer...

Photo is from the Facebook profile of "Marly Snapback," who
is really Marlon R. Robertson, charged in the murder of Kevin
Braziel, image used as part of First Amendment Fair Comment
and Criticism, blog post by John Hoff

I don't know if Levi Braziel is related to murder victim Kevin Braziel or not, but the surname caught my attention on the jail roster and that's how I've ended up writing about Levi's drug arrest in South Minneapolis.

According to a criminal complaint, click here, a confidential informant told police that a black male known as "LA" was selling crack cocaine on Franklin Ave. E. and 10th Ave. S. in Minneapolis. This is the second example of a...

...confidential informant telling police where cocaine would turn up that I've seen in the last couple weeks, (click here for other example) and represents an interesting new trend. 

Despite slinging dope (allegedly) in South Minneapolis, Levi reportedly lives at 2813 Emerson Ave. N., Apartment No. 1, a rental owned by Assertive Minneapolis Properties, a name which has come up in commentary on the Hawthorne Hawkman blog, none of the commentary positive. 

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Levi's arrest has nothing at all to do with Kevin's murder. Levi was in jail way before anything with kevin happened. Why are you fishing for stuff just because of the same last name?

Johnny Northside! said...

DIDN'T SAY it had anything to do with the murder, I'm just wondering if Levi and Kevin Braziel are related.

Anonymous said...

law.justia.com/cases/minnesota/court-of-appeals/2012/a11-748.html

Anonymous said...

So because they share the same surname you decided to take it upon yourself to do research on Levi Braziel and dedicate an entire blog to him? I think it's safe to say you're fishing around for something. What that may be only you know. However I hope you find something more productive to do with the extra free time you apparently have on your hands.

Johnny Northside! said...

That's almost accurate. On the basis of the same surname, same general area of residency, and same dead end lifestyle choices, I wondered if these two were related and I dedicated a blog POSTING to him. Not an entire blog. An entire blog POSTING.

I don't know how the word "entire" is even useful, here. Of course blog postings tend to be "entirely" about a particular topic.

So. The question remains. Related or not?

Johnny Northside! said...

To a behind the scenes commenter...

I got your message but break it up into smaller pieces, will you?

Johnny Northside! said...

To my behind-the-scenes commenter. Yes, I got those, all four of them but I'm hoping for some kind of piece that proves a connection to, er, that one homicide which got me started asking the question.

Anonymous said...

Yes they are related, they are a big family all over Minneapolis

Anonymous said...

For the record they are related cousins.

Anonymous said...

What one family member does or does not do has nothing to do with the choices or lifestyle of others! I find myself reading your BLOGS on occasion just to see what it's all about but I am finding you are not as much a positive influence in the community as you seem to be a nosey busy body with nothing better to do!