Sunday, November 2, 2008

"Dudes In Moon Suits" Clean Up Ken's Metal Finishing



Photos By John Hoff

A few months ago I heard about the extensive and expensive chemical clean-up at Ken's Metal Finishing, Inc., 2333 Emerson Ave. N., which is in the Jordan Neighborhood. Here's a report from the government agency cleaning up the mess, click here. Since...

...Emerson Ave. N. is a border between Hawthorne and Jordan, if you measure from the middle of Emerson Ave., I suppose this Ken's Metal Finishing is about 25 feet away from Hawthorne.

As we say, with our Hawthorne gallows humor: Thank god it didn't happen in OUR neighborhood!

Shortly after I read about the clean-up in a news article, I happened past the place and I took some pictures. I just got around to putting them up on this blog, so anybody interested would at least have a kind of mental image of Ken's.

I wish I had a photo of the dudes in moon suits, though. Bummer.

No comments: