Sunday, November 23, 2008

Double My Money: The Story Of Selling My House At 3016 6th St. N. (More Photos)





Photos By John Hoff

Here we have, in order from top to bottom...

1.) Arg, this was a last-minute problem at my house. I came along and somebody had dumped a bunch of branches on the deck right before my closing inspection. This kind of b.s. would happen all the time in the neighborhood. One day you'd show up and, oh gee, the garbage can is just...missing.

Fortunately, good ol' Phil Kleindl was working next door on one of his properties. I seem to recall I handed Phil some cash to let me put the branches on a pile of debri he planned to haul away in the next few days.

Oh, also, I should say this: things have changed a lot in the Eco Village, and the daily b.s. factor is down considerably.

2.) Some minutes later, problem solved. Now you can see the small deck. Somebody took pride in that little deck. I bet beers were consumed there, Superbowls discussed, barbeque grilled to perfection. I had dreamed about having friends out on that deck, some time after the board visible in the background of the first picture would be transformed back into a BACK DOOR.

Le Sigh. I will have a deck somewhere else.

3.) Fridge magnets on my oven hood with no oven. I have--I kid you not--a bunch of pictures of "my life as a series of fridges." One day I plan to put together some kind of artsy-fartsy composite. But I had no fridge at 3016 6th St. N., so I took a picture of the oven hood with the fridge magnets I had accumulated, as I always accumulate fridge magnets, which I adore with the unfiltered enthusiasm of a child.

4.) Artwork from one of my young relatives which cheered me each day I was at my property.

5.) I mentioned in the previous post about my zealous commitment to recycling. This sign reminds us all: recycle housecats or other large felines. Waste not, want not. Animals are in shelters waiting to be adopted, so why would you BUY an animal from a pet store?

Note: the sign is actually from a town in Ohio, and CATS is some kind of local bus system. I spotted it while doing some commercial driving and took a picture for a friend of mine...it's kind of an in-joke.

Trust me, you don't want to know.

No comments: