Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Privacy Fence Delayed As "3119" Rubble Remains In A Big...Messy...HEAP!





Photos By John Hoff

We were all kind of hoping that, after the demolition of 3119 4th St. N., the rubble would be carted off quickly...

...as was the case with other buildings, where demolition and rubble removal seemed to happen in the same swoop of a backhoe's scoop. But as of today, the remains of the day are still...the remains of the day.

This wouldn't be so bad, really, but now "Patty Cake's" house is a kind of urban island, exposed to the world, and a privacy fence can't be built until the debri from "3119" is gone...but with the weather turning colder, the realization comes that a privacy fence (to be put up by ReBuilding Together volunteers) may take until SPRING.

So "Patty Cake" has been burning up the phone lines, trying to get rubble removed...hoping the kind-hearted volunteers might look at this weekend as a "stand by" situation, where there MIGHT be a chance to put up the fence if the rubble goes away tomorrow (Thursday) or possibly Friday.

I told Patty I'd put something on my blog about the situation. I gave her a phone number she needed. I can't do much, but I can do THIS. So here are more cool images of RUBBLE. I say HAUL IT AWAY, BOYS!!!

No comments: