Saturday, November 22, 2008

Poor Widdle Sex Offender's Former Home To Be Demolished

Photo By John Hoff

Kevin Gulden of PPL informs me via a November 19 email that, while 3023 4th St. N. might be spared, a harsher fate awaits 3024 6th St. N, the former home of...

Level 3 Sex Offender Junaid Maalik.

Poor Widdle Lost Sex Offender--Lost AGAIN!

Interestingly, Junaid no longer turns up on the Minnesota Department of Corrections website for Level 3 Sex Offenders, et al, which brings up some possibilities:

1.) It's a mistake or cover-up. Junaid Maalik SHOULD be up there along with such North Minneapolis noteables as Daniel Paul Breeding and the offensively smirky Phillip Lamont Coleman, but some bureaucrat is tired of Johnny Northside checking the official home of record against official REALITY, and then putting it on his blog.

So Junaid Maalik is no longer listed.

2.) Junaid has finished his period of supervision. So he is no longer on the Department of Corrections website. But, just like murderer; once a Level 3 Sex Offender, always a Level 3 Sex Offender, I say.

3.) Junaid went back to prison. Junaid died. Junaid got permission to leave the state, and did, gladly. (The feeling is mutual) Who knows? Anybody who knows should tell me, because I don't know, but inquiring minds would LIKE to know.

Can Nothing Stop The Backhoe Of Doom?

But that wasn't the point of this post, merely an interesting sideline I discovered while searching for a link. The point is 3024 6th St. N. has been procured by PPL and, according to Kevin Gulden, "We will now start the process of solicting bids to demolish the property."

I've Got Your "Bid" Right HERE

Johnny Northside is willing to underbid EVERYBODY, Kevin!

Here's my bid:

$1, official permission, written protection from all legal liability, and I'll provide my own book of matches. (Like I paid for 'em. HA!!!!)

The $1 must be, of course, cash money. No checks.

Believe It Or Not--I Can Keep A Secret

Actually, I knew PPL was trying to acquire this house. I've known it for weeks, MONTHS, actually. But publicizing such a fact wouldn't have been helpful to PPL, so I kept it to myself and just queried Kevin every few weeks.

There are times when I feel like I'm NOT blogging as much as I'm blogging, because of things people tell me but then quickly say, "Don't go blogging about this."

But I feel so much better now that I'm allowed to tell. Yes, that's the house. Right there. Peeking out from behind the bushes.

No comments: