Saturday, November 15, 2008

Can Anybody Help A Local Art Student With Pending Demolition Info?

Flickr.com Photo, Abstract Habitat

I was contacted through my Flickr.com account by a local art student, who uses the handle...

"Abstract Habitat" and is apparently named "Jeni." She gained a useful nugget of info from this blog about the pending demolition of 2400 Dupont Ave. N. but she'd like more info about pending demolitions. In my experience, demolition crews don't mind having pictures taken...in fact, they think it is kind of cool.

So here is Jeni's message about what she needs:

I am a student at the Minneapolis College of Art and Design and I'm working on making a book for my publication design class about foreclosed homes in Minneapolis. I've looked at your blog and I was wondering if...

1. You would allow me to borrow some of your images for my book? (i am only producing one copy and it is for educational purposes only, and of course you will be properly credited)

2. Maybe you would want to let me interview you for this project? This could be via email, phone, or in person if you would want to do that.

I'm also making it a goal for this project to attend at least one demolition and talk to the neighbors and people from the city as well as photograph the demolition. If you know where i could find out any sort of demolition schedule or if you know any upcoming demolitions (i did see the one for the apartment building on your blog) that would be awesome if you could pass that information on.

Thanks for your time!

Jeni

I will do what I can to assist Jeni, but I think there might be more valuable and official resources out there who can assist her. At this point, until I have further contact info, you could leave a message in my blog comments function or go to Flickr.com, find her profile under "Abstract Habitat" and contact her that way.

I love it when my blog is a useful social resource, and sometimes I even hear about it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have had trouble finding the exact dates of when buildings will come down. I have found little or no help with my councilmember.

I would love to hear other's suggestions.