Sunday, November 23, 2008

Double My Money: The Story Of Selling My House At 3016 6th St. N. (Yet More Photos)






Photos by John Hoff

Here is the last series of photos from my former house, though the house still sits there. I wonder when it will be demolished? And, hey, maybe I should go back and get some winter photos...

From top to bottom, here goes:

1.) Wild grape grew in abundance at the property, and I had dreamed of making stuffed grape leaves when the house was renovated with a working kitchen. Sigh. Oh well, it's not that hard to find grape leaves growing everywhere.

2.) Wild lilies grew in the yard, too, and (being something of a survivalist and wild foods enthusiast) I had dreamed of making fritters from the blossoms, and eating the roots, just to say I did. Sigh. Oh, well, if there's anything easier to find than grape leaves, it's probably wild lilies.

3.) My old back yard. The guy who wanted to buy the place and turn it into a low-income rental had an idea to expand the house into this yard.

4.) Mowing my lawn one last time with Peter Teachout's environmentally-friendly lawnmower. I hadn't used an old school grass whacker since I was about 12 years old. Now I remember why. The slightest twig jams them up.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great blog! Did you hear the good news? 0bama is going to give bailout to american's that are poverty and middle class.

List of Available Assistance

Johnny Northside said...

And this relates to the content of my post in what way? Or did you just want folks to check out YOUR blog?