Friday, November 26, 2010

Keeping A Close Eye On 722 23rd Ave. N.

Photo and blog post by John Hoff

It has been a few months since I've written about 722 23rd Ave. N., a house near my own residence which has gone from being abandoned and used by squatters to extensive renovation activity, click here for a sample blog post.

If the pace of the repairs are any indication, the new owners are being careful and doing a good job. And so I remain hopeful. I'm very lucky that I don't have to deal with the kind of issues Hillside Chronicles blog experiences with a house right across the street at 1551 Hillside Ave. N, click here for a blog post about THAT.

I tell you, if North Minneapolis had at least one blogger in every four-block area, reporting in a highly public way on the good and bad situations in close proximity to their own houses, we'd get to something approaching urban utopia within, oh, I figure about five years. And so I will continue to watch, to report, to keep tabs on this house and hope the new owners don't fill it up with criminal no-accounts in the manner of slumlords like Bashir Moghul and Mahmood Khan.

(Do Not Click "Read More")

No comments: