Sunday, August 31, 2008

Virginia/Virgin Islands Republican Delegates Unmolested In The Heart of U of M Campus


Photo by John Hoff

Above is the sorry sight which has caused me to lose a great deal of faith and hope in the college students of today. These banners welcoming the Virginia/Virgin Islands delegates to the Republican National Convention are...

...hanging off the front of the Radisson hotel in Stadium Village, right in the heart of the U of M campus. In fact, I seem to recall the U of M may actually own this property and might have some kind of long term lease with U of M. While I'm not 100 percent positive about THAT, I am completely sure of THIS:

Thousands of students are walking by, moving into apartments and dorms, registering for classes and so far it appears not one of them has had a notion of getting a few signs and protesting out front on the sidewalk, right within easy walking distance of campus. I mean, how HARD would it be?

I wonder if the Virginia delegation is eating at my favorite restaurant right across the street, Village Wok, and noticing jellyfish are on the menu, and then having a laughing conversation about--good heavens, why does ANYBODY believe in global warming just because JELLYFISH ARE SWARMING THE OCEAN?

If nobody else will say it on the sidewalk, I will say it on this blog: kiss my backside, Virginia/Virgin Islands delegation to the Republican National Convention. Oh, and I hope you really enjoy my next post, which is dedicated to you.

No comments: