Sunday, August 17, 2008

"The Ghost Of Radiator Past" At 430 30th Ave. N.


Photo by John Hoff

I toured 430 30th Ave. N. with my real estate agent, Juley Viger. Metal thieves had not only made off with the copper pipes, but with the radiators. A friend of mine, Doug Coppess, once told me old radiators were worth something like "between 10 and 18 books per loop."

Juley Viger said to me, "Do you know how HEAVY those things are?"

And I was all, like, "Oh, believe me, Juley, I know. It takes two people to lift one of them. It's real (expletive) work."

Then we had a discussion about whether metal thieves were "trying to feed their families" (Juley's take on it) or "addicted to crack." (My take on it) I offered a compromise position: their families were hungry, yes, because of their bread winner's CRACK ADDICTION. I'm not sure if we ever resolved the issue. Meanwhile, Jake of 612 Authentic was capturing our whole discussion on video, though it probably couldn't compete with the footage of a wasp stinging my face when we toured 3022 Lyndale Ave. N. a bit earlier.

(Do not click "Read More")

No comments: