Sunday, August 10, 2008

Little Pete, Age 6, Takes The Camera (Photo 7)

Photo by Peter Teachout, Jr., Age 7, "Little Tree With Lumber All Around."

I look at this photo and I'm amazed it was taken by a 6-year-old. The little tree is dwarfed by a foreground of blood-red painted lumber. It has lumber behind it, too. It is SURROUNDED by lumber. Only a few weeds are around it, no other trees.

How does the tree FEEL about this?

Given nothing more to photograph than his back yard, a dark garage, a small portion of the front yard (because the crack dealers might freak out if they saw a kid with a camera) oh, and a small wooden deck, the boy managed to produce something like THIS.

It would be interesting to see Peter, Jr. turned loose on the world with a camera, particularly the world of North Minneapolis. Lately Peter, Jr. has taken to spotting shoes dangling on power lines. The boy does not like insects, and his father says he thinks of the shoes like "beetles buzzing in the air who want to dive-bomb him."

Don't worry, faithful blog readers...there is a digital camera available for Pete to use and develop his talent. His mom said something about how it only needs batteries. But I think from now on, when I visit the Teachout family, I should just hand Peter, Jr. my camera as I walk in the door.

(Do not click "Read More")

No comments: