Sunday, August 17, 2008

Weedy Vacant Lot--A New Record?


Photo by John Hoff

Here is a weedy vacant lot I found on--geez, where was it? Emerson Ave. N., I think. I called it in to 311 while I was there.

I'm 5'10" and some of the weeds were exactly as tall as me. I was torn between calling 311 versus letting the prairie eco-system continue to thrive. I finally decided to call it in, after basking in the sight of a number of weeds you don't usually see in North Minneapolis.

(Do not click "Read More")

3 comments:

Unknown said...

OK Mister, I've held off long enough. Please shoot me an email when you get a chance. I'd like to sit down with you for coffee (or I'll even buy you a nice dinner). I have a gazillion questions for you. Please, please, please? ~ Jeanie Hoholik, Twin City Real Estate Chat

Anonymous said...

Where have you been Johnny N?

I hope you didn't get shot already!?

I drove through your hood on my way to work Saturday and Sunday and it's disheartening to see once beautiful neighborhoods in disarray. Or at least I would imagine they were beautiful at one time. The houses all seem similar to those I see in the South Side neighborhoods and if they were taken care of and updated, I think they would be very nice.

There sure are a lot of brand new CVS and other pharmacies in that area. I guess that says something about where the money is... prescription drugs and with the drug companies.

I also found the cheapest gas in the city. I think Regular was around one dollar per gallon! Although the station looked like it had been out of business for a couple of decades... :)

Johnny Northside said...

To J Hoholik: please provide me your email address in a not-to-be published comment, and I'll try to arrange that, especially if it involves a free meal.

To Anonymous: I was away doing commercial driving to get some money. I'm back now, and I'm fine. Don't worry!