Sunday, August 17, 2008

Lighting Tree Comparison, 2


Photo accessible from this website.

Check out this other Jeffrey pine struck by lighting, and compare to the previous image and also to the Teachout maple tree. The angle is not so serpentine, yet it is still apparent. I saw the same thing, long ago, in that tree struck by lighting on my rural farm. However, I should have pointed out...that was a DEAD TREE.

My father and I later sawed it up for firewood. That's probably why it had a lot more burn marks, because it was so dry.

I will have to take more careful pictures of the Teachout maple and put them on the internet, via my account at Flickr.com. Then more people will know how to recognize and enjoy the rare spectacle of a living lightning tree.

(Do not click "Read More")

No comments: