Sunday, March 1, 2009

Annshalike Hamilton Murder Is Still Unsolved (Police and Media Are In Need Of Information)

Photo By John Hoff 

No, I do not have any new information. But I'm not going to let go of this case, so now is a good time to remind everybody the murder of Annshalike Hamilton and her unborn baby is still unsolved, and the police still need help to arrest the person or persons responsible. The media need information, too, I think...something to spur the media to write more about this murder instead of letting it slip from the mind of the public. 

The photo above...

...was taken on the day of the police news conference at 222 4th St. N., the run down property where Hamilton's body was found. The property is owned by slumlord Mahmood Khan. The person in the picture is Lora Pabst, who covers the crime beat for the Star Tribune. She is also one of my former journalism students from back in the day when I was a teaching assistant at U of M.

I hope there is a day in the very near future when my former student Lora is writing a story about some arrest of a suspect in this case. But I worry that day will never come because the way things are going, the Star Tribune will fold in the wake of bankruptcy before this crime is solved.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Of corse its still unsolved the police in mpls are a joke. They have been giving the family false hopes for some time now they talk about all the people that are talking and all this evidince they have but yet they cant say what it is and they have claimed to know everything and pretty much have it solved but then there story changes every week. The police act the same way as person would that was hideing something. They have hinted at the fact that they know what happened and who did it in more ways than one but yet nothing. i never heard og a case before were one day the police know it all and the next there clueles. Why is everything such a big secrete even kept from Annshalike's own mother? What are they trying to hide? Whats realy going on?

Johnny Northside said...

I don't know what's going on. I'm posting your comment but I don't agree with your statement about the police being a joke.

Anonymous said...

No I don't think the police is a joke either as for the person who stated that they are.
What I don't understand is how and why would the best friend not be more cooperative with the police. The key may lie in her social network sites or right within the family themselves.
What happened to the married man, is he not a suspect anymore, or even his wife.
I think I would be upset if my husband had gotten someone pregnant especially a little girl, I am sure her body did not look to be that of a grown woman but I would have divorced his ass before his eyes could blink. (I hope they have no young daughters.) I has been said also that he dad is the father of the baby, don't know whether it is true or not though.
But, I log on to this site quite often to see if there have been any updates on the case.
I pray that justice is served on the horrible person whom took the life of this young lady and her unborn child.
As for the friends of Annshalike Hamilton, please for her and the baby's name sake help the police to put this animal away.

Johnny Northside said...

Say again? Transmission was garbled.

"I has also been said...that....?"

Anonymous said...

Re:Garbled transmission sorry about the typo.
It has been said that the unborn child belonged to her own father, but I don't know how true that is.
And truly I mean no disrespect to the family, but we have to weigh in on everything we hear at this point and time.

Anonymous said...

i heard the guy is in jail on charges of choking and trying to kill another girl he got preagnant. But there is not really any link, exept he likes to impregnat and kill young women. i herad this rumer through a friend who knows the family.

Johnny Northside said...

To the anonymous poster two posts above: I print substantive commentary and rumors in the spirit of an open forum. There is, however, no evidence I am aware of that the family of Annshalike Hamilton played any role in her death and, indeed, such a rumor directed at an INNOCENT party would be a grave injustice.

But I'm printing stuff because I try to keep the forum open. I will just as quickly approve harsh rebuttals of such comments, scathing criticisms, etc. if anybody cares to submit anything like that.

The Bible says innocent blood cries from the ground and God can hear it. I hope the person who killed Annshalike reads this blog. I hope the thought of Annshalike's unresting spirit haunts that person, day and night, interrupts their sleep, shadows their footsteps in the daytime, constantly clouds their thoughts until incarceration becomes a relief and a release from suffering.

So I'll continue to allow a forum for discussion about this case, no matter what twists and turns it may take.