Thursday, March 26, 2009

Larry Maxwell Mortgage Fraud Investigation Scuttlebutt



Word on the street is that a professional in the mortgage industry recently spent TWO AND A HALF DAYS TESTIFYING in a court proceeding involving Larry Maxwell. The only other detail I was able to obtain was that the name Jerry Moore came up quite a few times in the testimony.

I am hoping to dig up more details.

In the meantime, I was privileged to have hard copies of some Larry Maxwell court papers in front of me recently. Here's a little taste:

"On 1-23-08 at approximately 1840 hours, Hennepin County Investigator Miller, Bloomington Police Detective Anda and I made contact with Bobby Gill at 3624 80th Ave. N. Brooklyn Park, Minnesota. Note that according to Hennepin County property records, this address is owned by Angela Denise Carrier 3/16/74.

"Mr. Gill, who answered the door, verbally...

...identified himself and let us inside the residence. I explained to Mr. Gill the nature of our investigation, specifically Larry Maxwell's involvement in facilitating mortgage fraud and some questions we had regarding Gill Construction receiving large disbursement checks for construction work that was never completed on real estate that Larry Maxwell facilitated in some capacity.

"During the course of our conversation I showed Gill a spread sheet that had several closings involving Tanya Patterson as the buyer and Larry Maxwell as the real estate agent..."

(Heavy sigh. How I would love to get a PDF copy of this thick, juicy file and put the whole thing on the internet. But I only have momentary access to the file, right next to my laptop computer. So in these limited moments of golden opportunity I scan for new names, and I find one: Jerry McAfee)

The name Jerry McAfee comes up in association with Vicki-Cox Maxwell. According to Cox-Maxwell's statement to Glen Miller, police investigator, Cox-Maxwell had "one main client, Jerry McAfee. McAfee has her look for investment properties. He pays cash, buys foreclosed properties and rehabs..."

Well...it's late. I don't have to go home, but I can't stay here with this juicy file. Heavy sigh. Maybe I can get my hands on more later...


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jerry Moore again?!?!?

It is only a matter of time before the truth comes out...I can't wait to read it on your blog.

Anonymous said...

McAfee??? AHA!!! I knew it!!!

Keep digging, Johnny. Start snooping in the NRRC files. Like Deep Throat said; follow the money...

Johnny Northside said...

Who can tell me more about what was going on with Pastor Jerry McAfee and Vicki-Cox Maxwell, other than the fact she had "one main client" and it was Pastor McAfee, according to the police investigation document that I had an (agonizingly brief) opportunity to review?

Who can tell me why New Salem Baptist church is FOR SALE? What happened there?

I dig around on the internet looking to find out what's up with the McAfee/Maxwell/Cox-Maxwell connection, but there isn't ANYTHING that comes up except a few stories that mention Pastor Jerry McAfee, like this one:

http://www.minnpost.com/stories/2008/03/19/1205/obamas_speech_on_race_draws_diverse_local_reactions

I can't seem to find ANYTHING on the internet about the relationship between McAfee and Maxwell/Cox-Maxwell, or any other players in the Maxwell drama.

Who knows something? Who can assist? Whisper it, anonymously, in the comment boxes.

Remember, what happens on Johnny Northside stays on Johnny Northside.

Anonymous said...

Vicki is a good person. Please do not accuse her of a relationship with McAfee. I am Larry Maxwell's daughter. Thank you.

Anonymous said...

so what is the case - state or federal, civil or criminal?

Johnny Northside said...

In regard to Vicki, she is named in the investigation document in the way that I described. If Vicki or somebody defending Vicki wants to come here and say something, I am very committed to having an open discussion where people have a chance to get their say.

Anonymous said...

I have heard the church is in foreclosure and McAfee already has another northside location to move the congregation to.. i forget where.

in regards to the comment about the NRRC files, I don't know what that comment is about but I remember hearing that NRRC owned several apartment buildings that were being overtaken and terrorized by gang-bangers. McAfee's gang-banger son shot another banger in the head at a NRRC apartment building. I think the community was upset that NRRC wasn't doing more about the gang problems, and neither was the Rev.

Anonymous said...

I worked with Larry Maxwell at a Mortgage company downtown for about 2 months and I would just like to say this man is the ultimate crook. He prayed on the working African American residents of North Minneapolis and made MILLIONS defrauding our own people. I know that he has a previous criminal history regarding Real Estate Fraud and how this man was able to be any part of any financial transaction is a complete mock of the justice system. Anyone with any dignity should show up to court and show your disapproval for these kinds of actions because frankly it AFFECTS OUR COMMUNITY.