Friday, March 13, 2009

Brian's Art Deco Light Fixture And His Critique of My "Gangster Cam"


Top Photo, Brian Reichow
Bottom Photo, John Hoff
with his "Gangster Cam."  


Brian Reichow told me my "Ghetto Cam" didn't take a very good picture of his light fixture, so he sent me a much better picture suitable for inclusion in one of those glossy magazines about gorgeous houses.

Actually, the term I use for my camera is "Gangster Cam." Regular readers are familiar with my habit of buying dirt cheap digital cameras from pawn shops, publicizing the photos I find on the memory cards, then using the cameras until I break 'em in some dumb mishap. 

I've included another photo to show what a good job an affordable "Gangster Cam" can do, when it's comfortable and in a familiar surroundings. This photo is not as bad as it looks, but I'll let readers guess how that image came to be. 

Here's a clue: NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD!!! 

(Do not click "Read More")

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ahhhh yes the gangster cam.. i think us regular readers are overdue for a healthy dose of gangsta pics.

Anonymous said...

looks like maybe you should have showcased that beautiful leaded window that is in the background (behind the art deco light)

Johnny Northside said...

To the first anonymous: gangster cam pics happen when I break my camera and have to buy a new one. I hope that doesn't happen for a while!

To the second anonymous: maybe, but I can't include EVERYTHING. Brian's house will be on a home tour in the near future, so those who are interested will be able to see his house in real life.