Thursday, March 19, 2009

Urban Homeworks "Gremlins" Finally Spotted At 2118 Bryant Ave. N.



For a long time, I wasn't able to spot the "gremlins" who were working on 2118 Bryant Ave. N., but recently my schedule changed and I was able to go by during the day. Finally, I saw the workers and their vehicle with an "Urban Homeworks" logo.

Every weekday, it seems, the house at 2118 Bryant changes for the better. Recently, the workmen...

...started putting up all the siding. The guy on the ladder in this picture, above, could probably look over his shoulder to his right and see the constant drug dealing which takes place around Hawthorn Crossings strip mall, just a short distance away.

One thing that I can't figure out, though: where are the high schoolers? A prominent sign at the house talks about "learning a trade" and "staying in school." However, the two guys I've seen working on the siding both appear to be young professionals in their early 30s.

1 comment:

Russ said...

Johnny,

Thanks for commenting about the improvements been done at 2118 Bryant. The YouthBuilders have been doing work on the inside all week. A couple of things that you'll notice from the street that the YouthBuilders did was setting the windows and rebuilding the front porch roof. I'd love to tell you more about Urban Homeworks and YouthBuild.