Friday, December 4, 2009

What's Cooler Than A Cool Bar? A Cool Bar With A Bullet Hole...

Photo By John Hoff

A couple weeks ago, while I was at Council Member Don Samuels' victory party--call it the "final victory party," if you will--which was held at Club Jager, one of the party guests pointed out a bullet hole in the ceiling of the bar and told me to ask the bartender for the story.

Well, it turns out...

...the first bartender had no idea what I was talking about and looked at me like I must be intoxicated. (For the record, I was a designated driver that night, unlike--for example--THIS night, click here) But the second bartender actually knew the origin of the bullet hole.

He said back in the "old days" (whenever THAT was) the bouncers would sometimes fire their guns into the ceiling to make rowdy patrons clear the bar. Good to know! Looking around, however, I could only find the one bullet hole and not multiple bullet holes. But it was dark, so perhaps there really are more.

I figured the story of the Club Jager bullet hole must be online somewhere, but I did some searching and, to my surprise, I found nothing. So I thought I'd make a point of documenting and preserving the story.

By the way, if you've never been to Club Jager then be assured the club is very peaceful and not a "thug bar." One nice feature of the bar is a fenced in back yard with a fire pit and plenty of wood. One of these times, I swear, I'm smuggling in a pack of weenies.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have you seen the bullet hole at the Black Forest - in the photo of the DAR convention ? Artsy fartsy - close to the MIA - but real.