Sunday, August 3, 2008

New "Official Paper" At 415 31st Ave. N.

Photo by John Hoff

Some paper hit the boarded up door of 415 31st Ave. N, the property caught up in the lawsuit against CitiMortgage by the Hawthorne Area Community Council. It's an order to raze the building. A bunch of interesting names are on the order. I should go back and get those names some time, for this blog.

I wish I were authorized to carry out the raze order. Give me a crowbar, a very large dumpster, and a big jug of tea. I'll get the demolition started, baby.

When this building comes down, everybody in the neighborhood will feel like we've really, finally turned the tide. The apartment complexes were huge victories, but there is something very symbolic--and maddeningly stubborn--about this particular building.

(Do not click "Read More")

No comments: