Sunday, August 3, 2008

Good Neighbor Basket (Water Shut Off at 3119 4th Street)


Photo by John Hoff

The neighbor I call "Patty Cake" gave me this lovely gift basket with a card that said the following:

John, I just wanted to give you this small gift of gratitude. Thank you for helping make my neighborhood a safer place to live. Your enthusiasm is infectious and I appreciate your ability to use your gift to make others aware of what this neighborhood used to be, what it is now, and for helping make our future dreams a reality.

Here, my son holds the basket in front of Peter's house, which we were house sitting. I hardly had time to admire the basket before me and Patty Cake were dealing with the geyser at 3119 4th Street N.

But the good news is I checked this morning, and the water has been shut off. Thanks, Minneapolis Police Department, for getting in touch with the right people in the city and making that happen.

I'm sure it will be a soggy, moldy, horrific mess inside 3119 4th St. N--the cockroaches will love it!-- but at least the taxpayers have been saved the cost of the running water.

(My son found the large bag of plain M&Ms in the basket and announced, "These are MINE.")

(Do not click "Read More")

No comments: