Wednesday, March 23, 2011

It Wouldn't Have Been St. Patrick's Day Without Corned Beef And Cabbage At Tootie's On Lowry Ave. N.

Photo and blog post by John Hoff

If anybody wants to serve legal paper upon me (and they so often do!) there is one particular moment in time when I am always vulnerable to being located.

March 15 through 17.

At some point you are sure to find me at Tootie's on Lowry Avenue, eating a big plate of traditional corned beef and cabbage. This year was no different. I was at Tootie's with Jordan Neighborhood "Super Citizen" Megan Goodmundson. The portion of corned beef and cabbage was so large it became my supper the NEXT day, too.

Yes, while "Spanky Pete" Rickmyer rotted in jail, while his process servers combed the icy streets of NoMi, trying to find me to serve me with some kind of gibberish-filled pseudo-injunction to prevent me from (allegedly) taking pictures of Spanky Pete, I was kicking back and eating like a king.

I'm sure that in years and years of jail food, you'd never get a dish like this. Mmmmmm.

Just like last year, I expressed a wish to my server that Tootie's would make this a regular menu item, available all year. Alas, it isn't happening yet.

However, Tootie's did recently update their menu. It's the same great food, some new additions, and pretty near the affordable prices we've come to expect. As Lowry Avenue continues to be revitalized, I hope they don't touch Tootie's!

(Do Not Click "Read More")

No comments: