Saturday, October 27, 2012

Young Black Male Shot In The Leg Near 2655 Newton Ave. N., Multiple Witnesses All Uncooperative...

Photo, blog post by John Hoff

About 30 minutes ago Minneapolis police responded to shots fired at or near 2655 Newton Ave. N. I was in the area and heard at least three shots though, according to info on Police Clips, other callers thought it was a gunfight...



In my subjective opinion, it sounded like a cheap nine millimeter composed mostly of plastic. At least 4 young black males were seen running fast northbound on Newton Ave. N. moments after the shooting. When police arrived, at least two young black males were seen running along the same street in the same direction at Olympic track star speed.

I asked if anybody was dead and I was told one person was hauled off by ambulance with a gunshot wound to the leg. It was said there were many witnesses but none cooperative. A black female at the scene asked officers looking for shell casings if they could let her know if they found a car key. She didn't even say "please."

I asked if the victim was a young black male and one officer responded in a way that appeared to be an affirmative albeit darkly humorous response. Officers were seen closely examining the wall near a side door on 2655 Newton Ave. N. and the ground nearby.

The house in question has long been a troublesome "party house." It is owned by Sherry Pope but the taxpayer is Cynthia L. Newman of 36534 Falcon Ave., North Branch, MN. It is not a rental on city property records but there is a saying about a creature that looks like a duck, walks like a duck, etcetera. 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is the second thigh/butt shooting of the week, isn't?

Anonymous said...

It's not this Cynthia L Newman is it?

http://mugshots.com/US-Counties/Wisconsin/Fond-du-Lac-County-WI/Cynthia-L-Newman.3490719.html

Johnny Northside! said...

I don't know if it's the same one, but how many can there be in this immediate geographic area?

In regard to the number of thigh/butt shootings I thought there was a shooting in the HAND recently at the same place as the last FATAL shooting, right? But I am not aware of another BUTT shooting this week. Link to it if you have that info.

Anonymous said...

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2012/10/23/police-15-year-old-shot-in-leg-during-mpls-drive-by-shooting/

Doesn't provide a location other than North-this was from Oct. 20th

There was also a shooting on 27th and Thomas but it was not reported in the news that I am aware of.

Cindi said...

I am Cynthia Newman owner of this property. The occupants are buying the property from me through contract for deed. They are now filing Bankruptcy and are trying to steal the house from me. I am not gonna take this! I need all the information I can get to prove this is a problem property. I can then get the property back and put an honest family in there. I am not a slum lord just an honest person who tried to give a good home to the current people living there. I apologize to the neighbors for making a bad decision in selling the property to the current residents. Any help you can give me will be greatly appreciated. I am Not the Cynthia L Newman in the mugshot.com