Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Three Stories By "Rusty" About Life In Minneapolis...

Stock photo, blog post by John Hoff

About a week ago I talked to a guy named "Rusty" who has lived a colorful life. A lot of that life was lived in Minneapolis, some in Northeast and some in North. Encouraged by friends and family Rusty has been writing stories about his life.  He recently shared three of those stories with me so I could share the stories with readers...



I would have preferred to "copy and paste" each of the three stories into a separate blog posting, with a little stock photo for each one. But I'm having a bit of a struggle with the format. Luckily, I can share the stories via Google documents.

The first one, (my personal favorite) is about a neighborhood bully who uses a BB gun on other children and gets the tables turned, click here for Gunman On The Grassy Knoll.

The second, Two NE Minneapolis Kids Save The World, is about an attempt by young boys to create "Substance X."

Why? To defeat the godless commie Russians, of course. But as so often happens, a weapon intended for a foreign enemy gets turned on the domestic population.

The final story, Menace At St. Olaf, takes place around the present day and is about the evolution of a father and son relationship as the father lives in a nursing home and needs marijuana to relieve some of the symptoms of old age.

Though historical stories (and photos) aren't much of a focus of this blog, if I can obtain one and publish it easily, I'm happy to do it. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You want colorful stories about North Minneapolis? Your boy Rusty ain't got shit. Be patient a while longer and you will not bother with Rusty and his minor, dull,yawns..er, yarns.