Sunday, August 3, 2008

"Official Paper" At 430 31st Ave. N.


Photo by John Hoff

Here is some "official paper" which hit the door of 430 31st Ave. N., which Little Jane still calls "The Mexican House" because of the family which once lived there. Recently, the City of Minneapolis had to clear squatters out of the building, plus rescue a cat.

I was kind of surprised to see the paperwork was an order to raze the building. Wow. The City of Minneapolis is not fooling around.

(Do not click "Read More")

4 comments:

pattycake said...

what does the "official paper" say

Anonymous said...

Yeah! They're doing a lot of it today! http://minnesota.publicradio.org/display/web/2008/08/04/demo/ http://www.kare11.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=521031&catid=2 I was just stopping over here to catch your thoughts on it! :-)

Johnny Northside said...

1.) The "official paper" is an order to raze the house.

2.) In regard to the stories about demolishing houses...well, they're going after the very worst houses where it's not cost-effective to rehab. Houses that have been hit by arson and are ready to fall over get priority. The arson houses alone will eat up most of the funds for the demolition, I'm told.

Anonymous said...

I found this on the Minnespolis Site: http://www.ci.minneapolis.mn.us/inspections/placards.asp

I'm glad because I see the paper on a house door with a large fence and, being a bit frail, I'm very warry to open that gate and walk up to the house and read it myself. Now I know what the color codes mean.