Monday, August 17, 2009

Guest Blogger Scheduled For Next Week (Gone Cat Fishing!)

Flickr.com Photo
I'm off to Kentucky to go cat fishing and see if the "cold Kentucky rain" is really as cold as the singers sing about. When I get back, I will complete parts 3 and 4 of the blog post about Larry Maxwell going down hard for 16 years and keep doing the usual blog stuff.

In the meantime, I've made arrangments for "Jordan Neighbor" to be a guest blogger and to moderate comments.

(Do not click "Read More")

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dress appropriately - the rain is COLD TO THE BONE, JNS. BTW, I love catfish.
JH
Montana

Anonymous said...

I'm goin fish fish fish'n,
I'm goin fish'n hook sinker and line,
I'm goin fish fish fish'n,
I'm goin fish'n just to ease my mind.

Kirk said...

I can't figure out how to send this article to you email like, but I thought you'd dig this one when I read it today in the WSJ...

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB125046098403135197.html?mod=googlenews_wsj

Jordan Neighbor said...

Interesting article, Kirk. Thanks for sharing with the JNS readers. Since I'm a big supporter of the MPD and all they do for our community, I enjoy hearing about simple, low-budget strategies for fighting crime. Creativity.

A few years back, when 26th Ave North was at it's height of drug traffic, the police used to park their big, blue mobile command unit at different hot spots around the neighborhood. It had a great effect. I believe they called it Big Blue.

Does anyone know where Big Blue is now and what the police are doing with it, aside from you know, responding to disasters like the 35W Bridge collapse.