Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Donny Dirk's Zombie Den Is Open Before Their Grand Opening!


Photos By John Hoff

Following up on persistent rumors that Donnie Dirk's Zombie Den had opened at the site of the former Stand Up Frank's bar, (2027 2nd St. N.) I went there tonight with a couple friends and found there was indeed a "soft opening" before the grand opening.

More coverage will follow but for now I'll say this: Donnie Dirk's has incredible atmosphere, an amazing variety of high-quality drinks and wonderful staff. Everybody in the Hawthorne Neighborhood will want to check it out before it's too crowded with cool people to get inside the door.

Pictured above, "Undead Frank Lives" over the bar and our waitress "Rhiannon, like the Fleetwood Mac song."

(Do not click "Read More")

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know those really good looking Bike Cops for Kids Officers? They got some really good air time on MPR today, I heard it while driving home. I really hope their program spreads to other areas.

I thought I better give you the link, they wouldn't be famous without you and your blog. They owe you:

http://minnesota.publicradio.org/display/web/2009/08/04/bike-cops-nno/

Derek said...

Dammit. A buddy and I biked by tonight and wondered if it was open. We should have stopped.