Friday, August 7, 2009

Zombie Bar Gets A Visit From Fifth Ward Council Member...



Photos By John Hoff


Sometimes it is difficult to measure the impact of my mostly unpaid volunteer blogging efforts, but with Donny Dirk's Zombie Bar I actually have hard data to figure out my impact. One of the waitresses told me that, of 30 customers who came to the bar one evening, she asked each of them how they heard about Donny Dirk's prior to its grand opening. Five of the customers said they heard about it from Johnny Northside Dot Com. One customer who heard from the blog was...

City Council Member Don Samuels, who recently commented about Donny Dirk's on his Facebook page, as follows:

Today, Sondra and I went to the newest hot spot in North Minneapolis, Donny Dirk's. This is the same Management as Psycho Susie's in the Northeast. This is the former, infamous Stand Up Franks, redone. It is a totally transformed, high-class operation. Classy waitresses in black gowns and bar tenders polite and winsome. Two big guys guard the doors. The decor is OUTSTANDING and comfortable. Nothing better in the city.

(End of Don's Facebook posting)

I thought I would share a picture of the "two big guys" guarding the doors. As you can see, their bouncer outfits are special and, well, zombie-fied. The blood may not be real, but check out those tattoos.


2 comments:

M. Clinton said...

Add another to that list. I was there ysterday - thanks to the JNS Blog. But I never told any staff there that was the reason. They have another customer to add to their JNS credits. And I was just eating lunch at Chang Mai Thai in uptown this afternoon and told 5 more people about it - they made plans to go there on Monday!

Johnny Northside said...

Well, I have the advantage of being the ONLY media writing about the place (for now) plus the fact it's such a cool bar that when people hear about it, they instantly want to go.