Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Re/Max Is Re/Miss At 420 31st Ave. N. WHICH IS A CRACK HOUSE

It sure doesn't LOOK like a crack house, but actually it is. Here's the deal...

This house, of relatively recent construction, has massive evidence inside of ongoing squatter activity. The glass door has been shattered and glass litters the porch. The front door behind the glass door is difficult to secure.

I can't board this one easily, because it's not wood but vinyl siding. I need a drill and screws to do it properly. I'm considering paying the guy who cleans my yard to do this. I'm sure it will get kicked in right away, but maybe I can sit on a porch, watch and call when the boards get kicked in.

I tried calling Re/Max and the real estate agent listed on the sign several times. It turns out the agent doesn't work for Re/Max anymore, and the main concern of Re/Max seems to be chatting with the real estate agent about fetching their sign. (I hear those things are worth fifty bucks) The person I spoke to at Re/Max said, "We don't mean to be remiss..."

"Re/Max Remiss?" I laughed.

Yeah, securing this one is going to be tough. This is where Lisa The Prostitute was sitting one night.

2 comments:

Ranty said...

If you don't get cooperation from the listing company, call for a police board-up!!!

This stuff is totally unacceptable.

Johnny Northside said...

It's actually a city board up, done by a private company called Castrejon, Inc., which charges ONE HUNDRED AND FORTY DOLLARS A BOARD.

So I call the owners first, to save city resources and to save money for the owners because, well, the less fines and fees slapped on the place, the easier it is to sell it. (The boarding fees are $1,000, an even bigger bite!)

I agree it's ridiculous. Even more ridiculous is how these places sit wide open and neighbors aren't calling them in, aren't watching them.

Do you want a crack house next to you? No?! Then call 311. Board it up yourself, repeatedly if you must.