Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Electricity Theft, One More Image


When I found these mysterious boot prints on my snowy deck, walking up to the wire used by the electricity thieves, I didn't know if it was an investigator or one of the thieves, and it was a disquieting feeling. But the sturdy and new tread of the boots made me think, "An investigator, for sure."

My handyman knew the pulse of the neighborhood and confirmed the tracks were made by the investigator, whose presence was observed. I've noticed how info moves quickly around the neighborhood, to the point a young woman named Contessa (who I've never spoken to before) said, "I hear you pay money to clean?"

She also added, with emphasis, she'd do the job first, and didn't need to be "fronted" money.

Anyway...

Whenever I am able to use my country boy tracking skills to discern a story in the dirt, mud, snow, etc., it feels good to have that connection with the earth.

As for Contessa, well, I regret to say it but I strongly suspect she is both a prostitute and addicted to drugs. So what is the correct action? Keep her the heck out of my house? Or give her honest money for honest labor?

The police say not to associate with people from the neighborhood. Yeah, right. Will I pay college debs from Apple Valley to come clean my house? The neighborhood is what it is, and I have to play the ball where it lies. (Do not click "Read More")

No comments: