Friday, April 18, 2008

Check Out Vacant Properties Dot Org


I put some of my "vacant properties" photos on Flickr.com and now a website about urban revitalization is asking permission to use one of my photos on their website.

http://www.vacantproperties.org/

So, naturally, I was like...cool! Whatever.

Unlike SOME Flickr.com users (who will not be mentioned by name) I am not completely anal about my amateur photos and I don't pretend they're worth their weight in rubies. (Do not click "Read More")

2 comments:

kanoyes said...

Hey John,

I think "worth their weight in rubies" is incorrect. How much do digital pictures weigh? I would argue not much, hence they are not worth very much rubies....

smart assy I know, but it bugs, it bugs!

Johnny Northside said...

I guess I was thinking of the pictures printed out on photo stock, you know? But I should have made that cognitive leap clearer, somehow.

In any case, certain Flickr users get much too excited about their allegedly "valuable" photos, which they have put in a forum and marked as "public" photos. The minute somebody asked me for one of my Flickr photos, I was like, "Yeah, cool, whatever."

I guess I see that as "the spirit of Flickr."