Thursday, April 17, 2008

Blogs Blogging About Blogs

This is from a blog called "Space Station 11" which one of the Minn Post freelancers runs. I'm reproducing his post because he took a cool picture of me...much cooler than anything I could have done by myself.

something y'all should know about


Yo. We met this amazing dude named John Hass, aka "Johnny Northside," who's got a very interesting situation happening over in North Minneapolis. Gabe and I (and possibly MinnPost) are doing a story on him, and we shot some great video today. It was a pretty bleak part of town, one that's been hit hard by mortgage fraud. A couple times, I was a little uncomfortable, I'll admit it.

Anyhow, you should read his blog. He's a journalist and a very colorful, humorous writer - and very prolific. He started his blog to document is (mis)adventures over in North, so you should start from the beginning (for sure read the first post), then peruse them until you get to the most recent stuff.

In fact, he took a picture of Gabe and I for some reason, so I imagine even WE will be on his blog soon (there's something very meta about blogging about somebody else's blog, where you might later appear).

1 comments:

Johnny Northside said...

Hey, guys, great to see me on your blog and I'll have to link to it...FROM MY BLOG.

However, the correct name is "John Hoff."

It is an asthmatic exhalation of a name and I don't really expect folks to get it right half the time.

2 comments:

jake said...

Requisite apologies, Johnny. Though I've already explained my error in a personal email, I feel I should publicly shame myself here for calling you John Hass in writing. And on my own sibling blog, at that. My bad, everybody.

Jacob

Johnny Northside said...

Don't be so hard on yourself. :)