To this I respond, "I have worked for low-income property managers in the past. I think it's fair to say I have slumlord blood running through my veins. And I don't mean that in a negative way."
But Reitman doesn't like the phrase. At all. So when people who have a problem with Reitman talk behind his back--and they so often do--they make a point of saying "slumlord" loud and often.
By what appears to be strategic shifting of loyalties, Reitman has played a role under both the "Old Majority" and "New Majority" in the Jordan Neighborhood, where grass roots politics have the intensity of revolution. Currently, Reitman sits on the board with "New Majority" members, and talks with them amicably, and votes on board issues. However...
...over in the Jordan Neighborhood, they have NEVER forgotten Reitman's true nature. It is never far from their mind how he was the seller at 1564 Hillside Ave. N., the deal at the center of the Larry Maxwell mortgage fraud trial, and how somehow $5,000 got scraped off the seller's side of that deal and ended up in the pocket of Jerry Moore.
Lately, here at the Johnny Northside blog, I have an emerging mission and emphasis. I will get my hands on lists of properties owned by slumlords, I will publish these lists, and I will let the chips fall where they may. Several weeks ago, somebody sent me a list of Reitman properties. KEEP IN MIND this list is a couple years old. It is not considered current. Consider the list a beginning, a basis for discussion.
The list was compiled by some people in the Jordan neighborhood who were researching slumlords. At some point, a public presentation was made, along with PowerPoint and pictures projected on a screen. The young woman giving the presentation was kind of shy, not really much into public speaking, but she had a job to do and was up there in front of the audience doing it, by god.
In the middle of her presentation about Reitman properties, somebody started to boo. Loudly. Repeatedly.
Boo. Boooooooooo. Boooooooooooooooooo.
This person turned out to be Keith Reiman himself. And, as a result of this action, a kind of imbalance was created in The Force, an imbalance which I now intend to remedy through a two step process.
Step One. Here is the list which I emphasize, AGAIN, is an old list:
1. 1405/1407 21st Ave N Minneapolis, MN 55411 - Provisional – 13 Housing violations, 132 Police incidents, 20 Police reports filed.
2. 2111 4th St N Minneapolis, MN 55411 – Provisional – 53 Housing violations, 40 Police incidents, 2 police reports filed.
3. 1406 Golden Valley Rd Minneapolis, MN 55411 – Provisional – no violation, incidents or reports.
4. 1600 Golden Valley Rd Minneapolis, MN 55411 – 52 Housing violation, no police incident, reports.
5. 1301 Holden St N Minneapolis, MN 55405 – 13 Housing violations, no police incidents, reports.
6. 1564 Hillside Ave N Minneapolis, MN 55411 – Approved – 44 Housing violations, 75 Police incidents, 11 police reports filed.
7. 2373/2401 James Ave N Minneapolis, MN 55411 – 26 Housing violations, 72 Police incidents, 11 Police reports filed.
8. 620 Lowry Ave N Minneapolis, MN 55412 –Approved – 25 Housing violations, 67 Police incidents, 9 Police reports filed.
9. 1910 Penn Ave N Minneapolis, MN 55411 – Provisional – 11 Housing violations, 23 Police incidents, 1 incident.
10. 2331 Penn Ave N Minneapolis, MN 55411 – Provisional – 23 Housing violations, 1 Police report filed.
11. 2335 Penn Ave N Minneapolis, MN 55411 – Provisional.
12. 2341 Penn Ave N Minneapolis, MN 55411 – Provisional - Homestead.
13. 2522 Penn Ave N Minneapolis, MN 55411 – Approved.
14. 1900 Portland Ave Minneapolis, MN 55404 – Provisional.
15. 1336 Upton Ave N Minneapolis, MN 55411 - Provisional.
16. 1409/1405/1407/1411 West Broadway Minneapolis, MN 55411 - Provisional.
17. 1415 West Broadway Minneapolis, MN 55411 -Approved.
18. 2329 West Broadway Minneapolis, MN 55411 - Provisional.
19. 2601 West Broadway Minneapolis, MN 55411 - Provisional.
20. 2619 West Broadway Minneapolis, MN 55411.
21. 2623 West Broadway Minneapolis, MN 55411.
Step Two: Mr. Reitman, I have this to say:
Boo. Boooooooooooooo. Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.
Readers and contributors, keep the lists coming of slumlord empires dragging down North Minneapolis.