Friday, February 12, 2010

Hooping Fun at Sojourner Truth Academy!






Post and photos by the Hawthorne Hawkman.

Ariah Fine of Inside Northside came up with a series of events where NoMi folks could talk with or engage a third grade class throughout this semester. Connie Nompelis, NoMi's hooping queen, signed up for one of those sessions. I tagged along as kind of a last-minute thing, thinking that this would be a good way to bring some excitement into my day.

The kids, as you can see, had a blast. I'm even told a picture or two of me might exist, and I wouldn't mind putting that up as well.

(Do not click "Read More," but do go out and do something fun with kids in NoMi.)

2 comments:

Ariah said...

Hey thanks for the blog post and for hanging with the kids. They look like they had a blast.

Sojourner Truth Academy said...

cool pics!! Check out the STA blog at: http://www.whitehouse2ourhouse.blogspot.com/