Wednesday, September 24, 2008

RNC 2008: "Mole Gossip" About Katie Couric And More!

"Sir, did you hear what The Mole is saying about Katie Couric?"

Yeah, my security guard "mole" sent me some bits and pieces of gossip he picked up while (tee hee) working during RNC 2008. See previous post for his colorful firsthand account. According to "The Mole," who got access to a Hyatt Room Reservation list...

Prominent journalist Katie Couric and Frank Donatelli, the Deputy Chairman of the Republican National Committee were "practically roommates." Yeah, well, I say it's a matter of interpretion and just because an adjoining door may exist, (just to use one example) that doesn't mean it was used. And I like Katie Couric. She's spunky, and cares about...colon-o-rectal-o cancer, or something like that.

Have your bowels spaded or neutered, I say.

All the same...fun and interesting speculation on the basis of thin information randomly aquired by "The Mole."

The Mole also saw a reservation list for the Oceanaire restaurant, "a very ritzy $40 meal place that had Capitol Security staked outside its doors throughout RNC 2008. The reservation reveals Senator Ensign and Senator Snowe meeting with someone from Pfizer.

Well, I told "The Mole" such "inside information" might be exciting to us podunks here in Minnesota, but I doubt it would raise an eyebrow in Washington, D.C.

So a couple Senators had lunch with a Pfizer rep during RNC 2008. I'm sure it will all be properly reported. Or not. But I doubt it will make much difference either way. DIG DEEPER, MOLE. Bring me something that STINKS.

Sheesh, I was the one who taught "The Mole" about making easy money in security, especially if you get paid to sit at a desk where you can indulge your creative writing efforts or whatever. And now look what he's doing.

I blame myself.

No comments: