Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Cool Old Remnants Of The Past In The Eco-Village (More)



Photo By John Hoff

I took these pictures a few months ago. I call this "The Remnant Wall." It's right behind...

...the "Apartment Complex Of Anarchy" at 3101 6th St. N., about 30 yards toward Lowry Ave. N.

Obviously, some kind of building used to be here...but this is all that's left. I became all "artsy fartsy" and took a bunch of pictures, which (sooner or later) I'll put on Flickr.com along with my hoarde of RNC 2008 images.

I love the tiny little surprises hidden in the Minneapolis landscape. Sometimes I feel like I am 11 years old again, and for the first time allowed to wander the woods near my family farm, discovering the de facto monuments to the past everybody else in the neighborhood knows about; but which I need to learn about, to inquire about so I can share in the community history as a full-fledged member, not a child or a novice.

Sigh. I really should call 311 about the old mattress reduced to nothing but wires. But I can't help thinking how well grape vines would grow there.

No comments: