Thursday, September 18, 2008

My New North Minneapolis Bank!


Photo By John Hoff

I'd never noticed a bank near my neighborhood before, though there are plenty of scummy check-cashing places. But the other day...

...me and Peter Teachout were driving to the Fourth Precinct for a meeting, and Peter pulled up at--SURPRISE!--a U.S. Bank branch right on Broadway. I guess I'd never seen it before, shoved way back in that strip mall.

When the time comes to move all my affairs to North Minneapolis, I guess this is where I'll be going. I can't be the only one who finds it hard to locate a bank in my neighborhood, so I thought I'd say something. This bank is across the street from Hennepin County Human Services and Public Health, on Broadway, pictured above. One side of Broadway is MUCH, MUCH NICER than the other.

(One small note...the bank security guard didn't inspire my confidence. I have no objections to guards who are getting on in years...as long as they're packing heat in plain sight. This one wasn't. If I were plotting to rob a bank, I'd be TEMPTED instead of DETERRED by my assessment of the security situation at this particular branch. Step it up a notch, U.S. Bank)

2 comments:

Ranty said...

Ummm... maybe try the credit union in the building with the Bean Scene before going there?

Just sayin.

Anonymous said...

Bank at the City County Federal Credit Union that Ranty mentioned. You can bank and then step down the hall and grab a cup of joe. Love it!!!!