Saturday, September 27, 2008

Bashir Moghul Makes An Appearance

Photo By John Hoff

I saw a guy standing in the hallway whose name tag said "Bashir," and I thought "how many Bashirs can there be in Hawthorne?" I asked if he was Bashir Moghul, and he was. Yes, the former owner of...

409 31st Ave. N., the address which Jeff Skrenes uses as an example of "one transaction flipping." Of course, that was two transactions removed from Bashir's ownership of the place. Bashir doesn't have a problem with 409 31st Ave. N. It's out of his hands. But the folks who bought it from the people who bought it from Bashir...well, um, that's a mess. Federal tax liens. Mortgage fraud. Quite a mess.

It was good to meet Bashir and shake his hand. I told Bashir there was somebody he should meet, and made a point of introducing him to Chairman Peter Teachout, but I'm sure Jeff Skrenes already knew Bashir due to Jeff's all-consuming interest in mortgage issues.

2 comments:

Sandy said...

I did a search for Bashir Mogul via google and your blog came up. I work for a residential non profit program in Indpls and since you have met Mr Moghul, I wondered if either you can contact me or me contact you to ask your opinion. Thanks
Sandy

Johnny Northside said...

You can contact me at hoffx106@umn.edu, however Jeff Skrenes, the Housing Director of Hawthorne, could give you a much better informed opinion.