Monday, September 1, 2008

Opposing RNC 2008: The Ice Man Cometh


Photo by John Hoff (September 1)

This is apparently the guy who made the "DEMOCRACY" ice sculpture...

I base that statement on some things I heard him say during an interview, but I wasn't sure if he was the ONLY creator of the sculpture or whether others were involved. I heard him talking about how he's from Europe and he was saying how different the democratic systems are between America and Europe.

Or maybe this was just some guy out in front of the ice, pontificating about American versus European-style democracy. I tell ya, after I licked "the Big D," the thrill was gone and I didn't really care to hang around, further analyzing the piece for its possible symbolism about global warming.

(Wouldn't it be cool to make a sculpture like this out of FLAVORED ice? And then everybody could eat it, and it would really be a participatory piece)

No comments: