Monday, September 1, 2008

Opposing RNC 2008: Peace Is HOTT

Photo by John Hoff (September 1)

You meet the most beautiful people at protests...

These two women were on the No. 16 bus with me, and they were part of the conversation about "putting chicken on layaway."

A protest is like a beauty pageant, only the participants are MORE beautiful. First of all, protests tend to draw a lot of college-aged people--so they already tend to be young and attractive--but adding to the formula is the fact they are idealistic, and acting upon that idealism. So their faces are full of something otherworldly, the peace of knowing you tried to do SOMETHING besides throwing up your hands in dismay, plus the brightly-burning inner light of idealism.

Not sure you believe me? Well, go to several protests and see if I'm right.

2 comments:

momo said...

Gorgeous!

Johnny Northside said...

Yeah, today right before two bouts of tear gas I tried to take a few more pictures to support my "Peace Is HOTT" thesis and I'll be getting that stuff posted when I can.