Thursday, September 11, 2008

RNC 2008: My Interview With Latin American Television

Photo By John Hoff, September 2

During the Poor People's rally in Mears Park, I was interviewed by a journalist from a Mexican television station...or perhaps it was bigger than Mexico, perhaps she said "Latin America."

She wanted my opinions about immigration reform. I was chosen for an interview because I can actually speak a few words of Spanish, so even though a translator would be needed for my political commentary--too complicated for my language skills--I was able to say a few things in Spanish, too. I really had no opportunity to comment on the more pressing and relevant issue: Smoking hot journalists from Latin America: how can the U.S. get more of them?

Yeah, my rough but passable Spanish came in useful two days later when I had to talk my way past a locked door and into a McDonalds to avoid arrest.

(Do not click "Read More")

No comments: