Saturday, September 6, 2008

RNC 2008: Republicans Successfully Infiltrate Left Wing Souvenir And Concession Stands

Photo by John Hoff

At Monday's rally (September 1) I paid $9 for a hamburger and a bottle of water. These shirts, above, cost $20 on Day 1, but a day or two later the price was slashed to $15. At least the Poor People's March had the decency to charge 10 bucks for a shirt. I'm not sure how many they sold. I saw a guy there who was incredibly excited over "all kinds of free granola and s****."

Just as some protesters managed to infiltrate the Republican National Convention, I think some Republicans managed to infiltrate the anti-war rallies and marches. But instead of unfurling a banner, the Republicans just set up concession stands and robbed their opponents blind.

I have to admit, however, it was mind-altering just to go around reading all the clever, consciousness-raising slogans. My personal favorite: God WAS my co-pilot, but we crashed in the mountains and I had to EAT him.

(Do not click "Read More")

No comments: