Friday, May 9, 2008

Crack Cocaine Arrests At the Apartment Complex Of Anarchy


First of all, this guy has nothing to do with the subject matter of this post, except you can see 3101 6th Street N. in the background. ("The Apartment Complex of Anarchy") He was near my block because...

He was involved in capping some utilities or something at 3112 6th Street North, and he stopped to watch what I was doing when I was doing my rounds. So, like an upright citizen, I introduced myself. I told him about my blog and he even gave me permission to take his picture and put it out on the Internet.

"I'll make you famous!" I said, like that character in "Young Guns."

Well, and also "Young Guns 2."

So here is what happened recently at 3101 6th Street North, according to the 4th Precinct Highlights for the week of April 29 to May 5, 2008.

* Friday 2309 hours, 08-125611. Checking a problem property officers arrested three persons and recovered crack cocaine. Arrested were Earnest Boyd, Carnel Harrison & Nathaniel Jones, 27, 19 & 19 black males with 82, 15 and 27 CAPRS. (CAPRS is basically how many police reports there are on these people)

* Saturday 0058 hours, 08-125708. Conducting additional directed patrol at this address. Male admittedly trying to buy crack at this location was arrested for CANC-IPS. (You got me) Arrested was Kevin Rathman a 37-year-old white male.

I was at a meeting of the Hawthorne Area Community Council a few days ago, and there were assurances at the meeting that attempts were being made to provide relocation assistance to the people in 3101 6th Street N. and also 3119 4th Street N. Though some "rough characters" might be in that building--it was said--these were "human beings" who deserved compassion and mercy.

This is the battle of a neighborhood struggling first to save itself, and secondly to transform itself. Of course, I have to wonder (based on some info in my previous posts) whether the arrests weren't simply a "revolving door." I tend to think they were.

2 comments:

Beth said...

CANC-IPS:
Driver was canceled because of driving history. IPS: Inimical to Public Safety
http://www.iix.com/support/mvr/temp/searchResults.asp

Johnny Northside said...

Hey, thanks a lot, "Beth In Cape Town." Helping me from the other side of the world!

http://bethincapetown.blogspot.com/