Friday, May 9, 2008

Things You See On The North Side ("Branding Effort" Idea)

Photo by John Hoff

Garage full of bullet holes. This was next to the "secured with a twig" building.

And these were indeed bullet holes. I could look in the holes and see "exit wounds" in a secondary layer of fiberboard. But it looked to be a .22, not something more serious.

Well, except for that ONE hole. I don't know what made THAT.

Somebody who I won't name--even if tortured--told me about his idea for a North Side "branding effort."

"North Minneapolis. Hey, maybe you won't get shot."

I have my own idea of a North Side branding effort. I call my concept "Market the
Struggle."

Reality is what it is. Wishing and hoping won't change reality. You have to market painfully obvious reality instead of living in a Pollyanna "accentuate the positive" kind of world, like a mental patient whose resume includes a rather notable gap in its chronology.

You think buyers in the real estate market won't NOTICE stuff like, oh gee, BULLET HOLES?

"Oh, honey, I hope the woodpeckers come back after we buy this kicky little bungalow!"

More on my North Minneapolis marketing ideas later.

But this whole blog is an example of my "Market the Struggle" concept. And I do believe it is working. I'll see what kind of grade Professor Sally Kenney gives me on my 3-page paper which included this idea.

(Do not click "Read More")

No comments: