Thursday, May 22, 2008

Developments At 420 31st In The Middle Of The 3101 6th Street Evacuation


Photos by John Hoff

While I sat and watched the evacuation of the Apartment Complex of Anarchy, workmen showed up at 420 31st, which used to be the scariest crack house in the area before getting boarded up...and then, later, OFFICIALLY boarded up.

At first, I thought these were workmen for a new buyer, probably the same rental property tycoon who owns several properties in the area. However, I found out they work for a mortgage company and go around cleaning yards, winterizing homes, and generally making a buck off the mortgage mess. New paper has also appeared on the door, apparently a "summons to shorten the redemption period."

(Do not click "Read More")

1 comment:

Ranty said...

Nice.

The statutory redemption period in Minnesota is six months, as I think we discussed. However, if a property is considered *abandoned* by its owner, the redemption period can be shortened to five weeks.

As far as I'm concerned, the shortening happens all too infrequently. I'm glad to see that someone evidently petitioned for it in this case.