Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Gangs 1, God 0, Photo One (Goodbye To Old School Film)

Photo by John Hoff

I found this church announcement board a few blocks from my house, with the glass all kicked out. Nobody from the church has bothered to fix this mess. I can't tell if the church is still (what is the phrase?) "in business."

St. Ignatius Loyola said, "Work as though everything depends on you. Pray as though everything depends on God." I've got about half of that formula down, the "get to work" part. Peter Teachout asked me recently about going to his church. I told him I attend "the church of the dead bolt lock."

However, the guy who gave me a digital camera to take pictures of my neighborhood struggle did so because of his Christian beliefs. Because of him, I can say "Goodbye to old school film."

Despite my provocative post title, I guess I'm just saying...SOMEBODY ASSOCIATED WITH THIS PARTICULAR CHURCH NEEDS TO FIX THIS PARTICULAR MESS. It really leaves a bad impression of "who-gives-a-rip."

You wouldn't see PRESBYTERIANS leave a mess like this. No way.

(Do not click "Read More")

No comments: