Sunday, May 11, 2008

The Mess Left By T.J. Waconia Isn't Always THAT Messy (Strangely Enough)


Photo by John Hoff

Here is the back of a "TJ Holdings" house I stumbled upon. It is boarded, but not with "official boards." There is no "official paper" slapped on the house. Peering into the interior, the place seems to be in mid-renovation. The block this house is on happens to be a fairly decent block.

I publish this photo not to defend T.J. Waconia--indeed, I am one of their more vociferous and prolific critics, but I also strive to be fair and conscious of all facts, including mitigating facts--but to help make the case for my "let the punishment fit the crime" suggestion that they serve their sentence by being forced to live in one of their own homes, and work to improve the neighborhood...quite possibly in some of the same ways I do, by calling 911 on drug dealing, picking up litter, and going around to call in unsecured properties.

This photo shows being "forced" to live in a T.J. Waconia house wouldn't necessarily be cruel and unusual punishment. And I think my high-profile activities in the neighborhood show, so far, it wouldn't be a death sentence, either.

But then again...this is the first of their houses I stumbled upon, and I don't know the condition of the rest. My jury is still out, as I say...unlike Tom Balko and Jon Helgason's jury, since it appears they took a plea bargain.

(Do not click "Read More")

No comments: